Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Madness - Apart from Tradition

Every year since my freshman year of college, I have religiously watched the Big East Tournament in Madison Square Garden, and during my years as an RA sitting Spring Break duty, it was every game! Having grown up near Syracuse, where, to quote Coach Boeheim, "it is beautiful eight months a year... and the other four we play basketball," intimately familiarized myself with all sixteen of the member schools, thus greatly increased my knowledge of and investment in this tournament over any other.

Consequently, to bring some of this excitement to Jakarta, I created a poster of the tournament bracket and have explained its significance to some of my students. While they might not be as excited or this afternoon's UConn/DePaul tip-off, they are at least feigning interest and know who to cheer for :)

ORANGE OUT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment