Thursday, September 16, 2010

NYT: Exercise makes us smarter



Vindication for cross country :)! Interestingly, time spent exerting the same amount of energy with a Wii didn't produce similar results. I wonder if this is coupled with the necessity of the brain to have down time...


On Tuesday, I spent the day at Angkor Wat. I wanted a day to roam around and take my time exploring the magnificent site. Throughout the day I interacted with numerous tourists, and was impressed with the variety of fellow tourists, along with native Cambodian guide's ability to converse in their language. I heard Cambodian guides giving tours in English, Spanish, French, German, and Japanese. Additionally, it's extremely impressive that the sandstone that was used to create Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom (the city accompanying the temple) was carted in from quarries 60 km away! Unfortunately, since these structures were made of sandstone (not the most durable of stones...), the sites were not in the best condition and many were under rehabilitation (or as John likes to say of the buildings in NYC surrounded by scaffolding, being "exfoliated" :) lol) Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment