Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 1

Today was my first day at Sekolah Mentari, and needless to say, this year will be quite unlike my prior teaching experiences...(obvi) For example, each Friday I'll need to turn in lesson plans (consistent with my charter school friends, eh? :) oy vey) In general, I've been strongly questioning the wisdom of my decision to come out to Jakarta because of the difficulty of this transition, but then, isn't that the point of pulling the trigger and going out on this adventure?! I miss you all very much (this message was rather brief bc getting back to work while jet-lagged has been fun :)!)

P.S. If anyone has great rice cooker recipes, holla!

1 comment:

  1. It's only day 1 - you're bound to have a hard transition so far.

    This is boring, but comforting - when I was little, my parents would make just plain white rice and add sugar and milk.

    ReplyDelete