Sunday, July 4, 2010

FINALLY HERE!

Arriving back in Jakarta has been surreal! On one hand it's great that I've been here before and could recognize Pacific Place and Blok M Mall as the driver went past, but it's also been a completely new perspective of the city and I've yet to find my barrings. Tonight, the owner of the home stay took me and Ab to Carrefour to finish out-fitting our rooms with everything we needed (like sheets...arguably important and as you can see on one of the pictures below, were lacking thus making sleeping slightly difficult last night) Tomorrow is the first day all of us "new" teachers need to report to the school, so I'm sure that will be interesting. Also, I may not be an employee of the esteemed DMV, but I do know that the shoulder is not a "lane" of a highway, just today's helpful hint from Jon.

The current state of Jalan Kemang, Timur V A4 room 2:

6 comments:

  1. I don't know Jon. That seems a little bit too fancy. You should ask to be relocated to something more 'authentic' so as to immerse yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jphlic. You should only take cold showers while you're there. No hot water. Also, it looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Jon, I expected you to be slumming it like the village in the first predator movie. Sweet digs and the transition sounds as smooth a possible thus far. I'm sure there will be moments of culture shock though. When that happens, just pop a mentos, seems to work flawlessly in those commercials.

    Hope all is well man, and continue to keep us posted!

    All the best,

    Phil "ESPN" Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy Indocafe coffeemix in the first picture. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, the Indocafe is pretty clutch! I mean it's no pas ti pas, but I'll take what I can get

    ReplyDelete