Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Fast

In the spirit of solidarity, I didn't eat today at school. Apparently you also aren't suppose to drink water or let anything pass your lips (so for those who smoke, they're supposed to lay off that as well), but given that I'm a bule in the tropics, I figured it was best that I continue to drink my copious amount of water. Additionally, tonight I ran a route that is "less public" by Jakarta standards so as to avoid being the guy overtly burning calories during the fasting month. Things have been busy at work, and that's about it :)

"I wish I could play little league now. I'd be way better than before. I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall."

1 comment:

  1. Changing your running route is very considerate of you; I wouldn't have thought to do that.

    Drink your water in secret! Hide in the coat closet to sneak swigs!

    ReplyDelete