Sunday, August 15, 2010

School Party at Elena's

Last night, Ibu Elena and Pak Albert (the husband and wife duo who are principals at the two main Mentari schools) held a party for the teachers and staff at their home. Initially it was a little weird being with 75 people I didn't exactly know, but sharing a meal and then sharing some ridiculous game time together enabled me to feel like a much closer part of the Mentari family. Having a deliberate time with planned activities (and copious amounts of delicious food!) was a great morale event, especially when I got to teach some of the Filipinos some different card games!

Additionally, today during futsal I noticed that all of my extracurricular running coupled with having played for four Sundays has markedly improved my fitness level on the pitch. Normally, I feel totally gased at the end of the session, but today I felt pretty good at the end!

Also, I've officially decided my course of action for law school: I'm only going to apply to schools where I'd be over-joyed to attend. It is doubtful that I'll only be applying to reach school (because I'll probably still send out six or seven apps), but I don't want to have any regrets about the process and ultimately where I go to law school. If I get rejected by all of the schools, then I'll take a more conservative approach next fall and maybe apply early somewhere.

"I don't have any children but if I were going to, I'd buy a baby book. Or I would invite someone over who had a cast on. I'm not good at golf, I never got good. I never got a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. And that's way more satisfying. You're supposed to yell 'Fore,' but I was too busy mumbling 'There ain't no way that's going to hit him.' I went to the park and saw this kid flying a kite. The kid was really excited, but I don't know why. That's what they're supposed to do. Now if he had a chair on the other end of the string, I would have been impressed."

Finally as I walked home from getting ice cream, today I observed a slight, but important distinction. There is a big difference between peeing in the water supply and peeing into the water supply. Perception, perception, perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment