Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ojek, Misterrr??

Due to the extreme heat and humidity, as well as opportunity to bronze a bit, I've been going running without a shirt and so all the natives witness a bule running by in running shoes and shorts. However, on my run today, I was asked, not once, not twice, but three times if I needed an ojek ride! I always smiled and shook my head no, but I've been thinking to myself that I'm quite evidently running (usually not at a trivial pace), I'm not in normal clothes, and it doesn't even look like I would be carrying money with which to pay for the ojek ride. I recognize that it is counter cultural to run for fun, but I feel like my thought experiment came up with three reasons for people not to inquire about an ojek ride.

Anyway, today I also continued with Adam Hamilton's series on Forgiveness. Last week I watched "As far as the east is from the west" (yes I also realize the double meaning in that given my current situation) and this week I watched the second sermon in the series, "Forgiveness and Marriage." While I am clearly not married, or even in a relationship, I appreciated the perspective Pastor Hamilton brought to the subject. One of my favorite lines was one he uses with his wife, "Honey, help me not to be such a dope." I feel like this will be one for my arsenal lol. Additional, it's important to change our inter-relational accounting regarding small things and not focus on the debits, but only remember the credits. It's too easy to cling to the little things that annoy us, but that will just perpetuate dissatisfaction.

"An escalator can never brake: it can only become stairs. You should never see an 'Escalator Temporarily Out of Order' sign, just an 'Escalator Temporarily Stairs' sign. Sorry for the convenience. Every book is a children's book if the kid can read. Fettucini alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults. I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I'm holding a whistle."

No comments:

Post a Comment